In this episode, we discuss Amazon’s Lex as a service, AWS CEO’s comments on Oracle customers, getting started as a developer, our first computers and the languages we used, implementing Salesforce using Agile, the risk of Lightning UIs suffering from poor usability design, the risk of business logic in lightning controllers, opinions on the Lightning Design System (SLDS), and the productivity of Salesforce development vs other languages.
In this episode, we discuss Salesforce achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions, various highlights from Facebook's F8 conference, Oracle's recent acquisitions, Punycode phishing attack, and losing patience with Lightning.
- Salesforce Achieves Net-Zero Greenhouse Gas Emissions The company now provides a carbon neutral cloud for all customers
- The 4 Most Important Things Facebook Just Announced
- Google Earth
- Oracle Buys Moat
- Facebook keeps pushing forward with its competitor to Slack and Atlassian -- here's what's new
- Chrome and Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Domains Identical to Known Safe Sites
- This Phishing Attack is Almost Impossible to Detect On Chrome, Firefox and Opera
- Salesforce Debuts Einstein High Velocity Sales Cloud, Powered by AI
- Facebook announces React Fiber, a rewrite of its React framework
In this episode, we discuss the IntelliJ 2017 release, accusations by the Department of Labor concerning Google's wage gap, Benioff capping off the Salesforce Tower, and the need to release early and often.
- IntelliJ - What's New
- Department Of Labor Accuses Google Of Extreme Systemic Disparity In Pay Based On Gender
- Google Pushes Back on Gender Pay Gap Allegations by Outlining Compensation Method
- The Circle (2017)
- Are These Funds Plotting to Oust Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff?
- Release early, release often
In this episode, we bring back beer and discuss our favorite April Fools pranks, Salesforce receiving a Cloud Positive Classification from the Department of Defense (DoD), Salesforce’s continued effort to close the wage gap, and transitioning solutions from Excel to Salesforce.
- Salesforce Trigger Driven Development
- S-Controls are coming back to Salesforce!
- Here are some April Fools' pranks tech companies are pulling online
- Salesforce Launches Government Cloud Lightning and Extends Compliance, Enabling Additional Government Agencies to Benefit from the Cloud
- Salesforce spends $6M to help close wage gap
In this episode, we discuss Salesforce.com's new mascot, Amazon Connect, Internet privacy laws, rumors that Oracle may acquire Accenture, and Angular v4.0.
- Amazon Connect
- Salesforce's chief diplomat on what it's like being BFFs with Amazon's $12 billion cloud
- Oracle doing due diligence on Accenture. Yep, you read that right
- Angular v4.0 is out!
- How the Republicans Sold Your Privacy to Internet Providers
- The Big Web Show - 156: Practical Design Discovery With Dan Brown